Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 1: The beginning of a new learning journey

I have just embarked upon a new learning adventure and I'm very pleased to be one of the 30 life-long learners from all over the world who decided to spend their summer holidays on learning how to enhance their teaching practices with new technologies.

The course "Building teaching Skills Through The Interactive Web" is taking place on Nicenet, a virtual classroom. Having introduced ourselves to other course members, we have now taken on a new task of creating our new blogs, where we will reflect upon what we learn from each other and how we can use our newly-acquired knowledge in the classroom.

I have been blogging for quite a while and creating a new blog specifically for this course was not a difficult task for me. By following the step by step guide, a new blog can easily be created.

This blog is my window to the world and I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and thoughts with you.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Arjana
    Nice to meet you. I'm delighted at the opportunity to learn with all of you. You say, that you've been blogging for quite a lot of time. For me, it's an absolutely new experience. This is the first time I've tried and managed it O.K.
    How did you create the blog list?

    All the Best

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella,
    thanks for dropping by:-)
    I'm so glad that you managed to create your first blog.

    I explained how I created my blog list in the Blog discussion on Nicenet
    http://www.nicenet.org/ICA/class/conf_topic_show.cfm?topic_id=754178

    But I'll copy and paste it here as well, in case you find it more convenient.

    A click on the Design tab will take you to the Add and Arrange Page Elements" page. If you click on "Add a Gadget", a pop up window will appear with a list of 21 gadgets. Scroll down to Blog List and click on it. This will take you to a new window where you can choose what your blog roll will display. Next you add the URLs of the blogs you want to follow, one by one. Don't forget to save it.

    All the best
    Arjana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Arjana :

    Your experience is an inspiration to me . One day I will manage blogging very easily ,"I hope"
    Thanks for your useful comments

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hanan,
    thank you for your kind words. I'm sure you'll soon get the hang of blogging and teach your students how to use it.
    All the best
    Arjana

    ReplyDelete