Monday, June 28, 2010

Where in the world are you?

The beginning of Week 2 brought a new task, which, I'm happy to say, I managed to complete, although it didn't look promising at the beginning.

We were supposed to put a pin on the world map that Deborah has created for us, so that we not only see where in the world we live, but take a bird's view of our homes.

I thought I was on familiar ground with Google sites and wikis, but I struggled with the map for quite some time, mostly because I couldn't find the EDIT button. Sometimes a simple thing can be the biggest obstacle. Anyway, I managed to find it and I zoomed the map to where I live, found my apartment building and drag-and-dropped the blue arrow. In a pop up window I wrote a short description of the location of my home.




This is what the world map looks like now, but I hope my fellow bloggers soon add their blue pins.




Being a visual type of person, I find Deborah's idea of creating a world map really valuable, as in this way my virtual fellow bloggers are becoming real. Add to this their photos and what we get is an online course with a touch of face to face communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment