Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 10: Stay in touch!

These past weeks have been amazing, not only because I learned so much that I can hardly wait for the new school year to begin, but also because I've been provided with an excellent opportunity to meet and learn from wonderful teachers from different parts of the world.

Now I would like to keep in touch with all of you! Yes, we can do it via Nicenet, e-mail, blog and our wiki, but in my humble opinion, Twitter is the best way to connect with like-minded teachers and to learn from the greatest minds of the ELT. Yes, there are many of those that we mentioned during the course: Larry Ferlazzo, Richard Byrne, Sean Banville, Sue-Lyon Jones, Scott Thornbury, Ken Wilson, Ana Maria Menezes, Graham Stanley and many, many more who can enrich your teaching experience.

I have been "tweeting" for more than a year now and I have developed my own PLN = Personal (or Professional) Learning Network of passionate educators from all over the world.

If you are not familiar with Twitter take a look at my presentation about it or visit this guide.

If you already are on Twitter, you can find me on @abfromz (which means Arjana Blazic from Zagreb)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Arjana,

    It was a pleasure for me to know you and all these wonderful teachers. You have always been very helpful and supportive to any of my even tiny problem. Many thanks to you!

    Thanks for offering to stay in touch. I have learned a lot from you and hope to share useful ideas in future too.

    Best

    bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Arjana,

    Thanks for a wonderful idea to meet through Twitter. It is new for me but I hope to explore it soon as so many great teachers use it.
    I won't tell you goodbye as we have mutual desire to collaborate and we will. I will start the similar Web Quest with my students from the second week of study and will let you know about it. Please, feel free to contact me any convenient way.

    Let your school year start successfully!

    Best wishes,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Arjana,

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas throughout the course. And now you have another wonderful idea - staying in touch through twitter. More technology to acquaint myself with! But this one is easy and I will certainly keep in touch with you and everyone.

    All the best,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete