Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 6: My Interactive PowerPoint presentation

I have finally managed to create an interactive PowerPoint. Although it took me more time than I originally planned for it, I did it with pleasure.

This presentation represents the beginning of my project. It is not finished yet, as there are many other questions and elements that can be added (such as Think-Pair-Share or Quick-Write for example). Before my students embark on their inquiry-based learning journey, I would like to show them what the end result should look like. Of course, I don't want to impose shapes, forms, features or elements of the PowerPoint presentation upon them, so this presentation is only an example, not a rule that must be followed. My students will present their findings on English speaking countries, so I decided to create my presentation on a country that won't be included in the webquest.

The title of the presentation is Cultural Profiles: Croatia and it can be seen here.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Arjana

    Nice meeting you on line.

    I had a look at your PPT presentation. Quite interesting that one can do so much with PPT. It is amazing to know what one can do to engage students actively in the learning process. As Victor says, our lectures will undergo some kind of facelift.

    Good luck in your project

    Regards
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete