Thursday, July 29, 2010

Week 6: Project Task 4: Report shaping up

As I'm not teaching this summer, I can't begin to implement the planned project in my class. But what I can do is to write about it so that when I get back to school, it'll be ready for implementation.

My draft report is due to my partner (I still don't know who that will be, or whose project I will evaluate) by August 11, and it is slowly shaping up. At the beginning of this course I had only a vague idea about what it was going to be, but the readings from Week 5 were truly eye-opening and helped me decide on the topic and the tool.

Webquests present an opportunity for implementing something new not only for me, but also for my students. My plan is to create a long-term webquest that actually consists of several webquests, on the topic of English speaking countries. Groups of students will be given a list of countries to choose from. For each country I am going to prepare a webquest with detailed tasks to avoid confusion. Students will also be given assessment rubrics so that they know what is expected of them. The final product will be in the form of an interactive Power Point presentation given by groups of students. Before the beginning of the project, I think it'll be helpful to show my students how to create interactive presentations. Thus, the project will begin and end with presentations, and as it progresses, the teacher-centered classroom will gradually turn into a student-oriented environment.

1 comment:

  1. Arjana,
    I am not teaching this summer too and to tell the truth,I still don't know how exactly I am going to implement all the things we got to know in this course. I did like the idea of web quests, sounds like a long term projects that will keep student working and providing rubrics is quite fair as it establishes framework within which the job should be done.

    Your post directed me in some way.
    Thanks a lot

    Regards,
    Liliya

    ReplyDelete