Monday, July 19, 2010

Internet connection

This past week I noticed that our Nicenet classroom was a bit quieter than over the first three weeks. While my colleagues’ absence was justified by teaching, grading, testing or other important events such as a wedding, I struggled with the lack of Internet signal. I spent this week on the Island of Murter on the Adriatic Sea, and before the trip I bought a mobile Internet USB stick. Unfortunately, the strength of the signal was too low and more often than not all I could get was the unwanted “cannot open the page” message.

On Sunday afternoon I went to another island, up north, called Krk (BTW, did you know that in the Croatian part of the Adriatic there are around 1200 islands, but only 66 are inhabited?), where I am going to spend the next 10 days with my family. Luckily, the Internet access doesn’t seem to be an issue here so I’ll be able to fully participate in the discussions of the following weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Arjana,

    I have the same problem. I am still in Hvar and I will be here two more weeks. Unfortunately, I have to spend a lot of time inside reading and doing the tasks. :(

    Anyway, I am glad that I benefit a lot from the course so I don´t regret.

    Enjoy and don´t forget that you are a teacher and not a student! :)

    Yours,
    Luiza

    ReplyDelete