Monday, July 5, 2010

Week 3: Deliciously Organized


I jumped at the opportunity to create my own Delicious page. Delicious is a social bookmarking site: bookmarking because you can keep all your favourite sites online, so that they're accessible anywhere anytime; and social because you can connect with like-minded people who want to share their favourite links. Is there anything better than sharing and connecting?

Anyway, creating a page was fairly simple, especially with my Yahoo account. I easily installed the Bookmarklet on my editor bar so that I can access the page with just a click.

Adding pages wasn't difficult at all. However, I believe that the Notes part of the bookmark should contain relevant information, so that our network members immediately know what the site is about.

Still, there is one tiny disadvantage. There are no folders on Delicious, you can group your links according to tags only. I think with folders my Delicous page would be easier to browse, but perhaps it's only the force of habit.




3 comments:

  1. Dear Arjana,

    I do agree with you. We should involve some information about the bookmarks we add. This will save other people's time.

    For the disadvatage of delicious you mentioned, I don't consider it as a demerit. If we select broad keywords for tags, they will become as folders.

    Yours,
    Azhar

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Arjana,

    Thank you for your post, which is simple, to the point and informative.

    I also think that it would have been even more practical if we could organize our links into groups based on the tags.

    Yet, I agree with Azhar that if we are more careful with the tags by clicking on the tag we will have separate folders on a specific topic.

    Sorry, I had to delete the previous post because I had typed my name twice! :(

    Yours,
    Luiza

    ReplyDelete